My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC/New Jersey, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beware this is a whiny entry

Hi y’all, its midnight somewhere in the bay of bengal and the slip is heading for Egypt. I’m sitting on my bed eating an Indian desert called gulabjamun, which is basically condensed milk coated with caramel and maybe some coconut cachipas thrown in. Its delicious and like chocolate it kinda makes me feel better. I wasn’t joking about the title so this is your last chance to leave. My roommates just came in, which totally screws the mood for writing, in that sense it sucks to have a roommate, well, theres not really much I could say regarding the upside of having a roommate versus a room to yourself. My trauma doesn’t have to do with her at all, its just the sharing spaces thing, she’s probably one of the best roommates around: doesn’t smoke or come back drunk, doesn’t steal and doesn’t force me into “sexhile” , something that apparantely a considerable part of the ship suffers since theres club for them. By the way, around here sexhile is not alck of sex, but the recurrent circumstance of not being able to enter your room because it is being occupied already by two persons (or more so the rumors say – its college people). So in a roommate missuniverse, I would seriously consider picking her. She also happens to be smart and nice. But I just don’t like this, specially when there is no way to escape, it is not like I can go downstairs and head to that corner near the UPR tower where almost nobody hangs around. There is no intimacy, there is no space, sometimes I come and there’s no one, but she can always come back at any moment, it will never be more than an hour of alone time, because in the ship space is so limited… and the food sucks. Not because of the flavor, which is the popular complain, but because it doesn’t suit me. I can’t eat anything with vegetables because I know ill be in the bathrrom in less than two hours. But almost everything hast vegetables thrown in so I just live with it, wondering what that mayy be doing to my intestinal flora. They are living a civil war down there. Its funny cause I didn’t get the famous delhi-belly in India, nor in any country, but in the ship, I could buy stocks on it and know that my children will get lots of money from the profits, that’s how “favorable” the odds are. Its stupid, but it annoys me. So does waking up erly every single day. I know you think this is particularly stupid, but for a moment try to think that you really really like to wake around 11 am and more than two months have passed since you last had the chance to do it. There are no weekends on SAS, at sea you study, at port you run like mad trying to grasp as much as you can, I’m dead tired and I have two more paper to write, one art and religion book to read and two novels. Wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home